Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Lost in the City


The above screenshot was prepared for me by my husband last night as I was scheduled to have a meeting with a new client this morning. With all the confidence that I can muster I went along and took the route I was instructed to go. I took the shuttle. This is really frustrating for me. My being bad at directions despite having a GPS is not a very convenient thing for me. Being lost in the city is not uncommon to me already. But because I really would rather not be inconvenienced of going around in circles especially where I went to today - Makati (with all its one-way streets and crazy route), commuting does not sound so bad. 

I just had to appease myself as I went through with my adventure today that there are always people I can approach and ask just in case I get lost. I only got lost twice today. The second time was really the fault of Kuya Guard who had me walk two blocks away when the building I was suppose to get in was way past already. If it were not for my husband who I can call the whole time, I must have landed in Nowhere City instead of that building in Salcedo Village in Makati. 

Today's another first is my mrt ride from Ayala Avenue through Cubao. I can only count with my digits the number of times I went to ride the train and alone at that. If it were not for Peachy, I wouldn't have known how to get to the station.

Wait. I did not get lost twice but thrice. The third time was in mrt station. I had no clue where monumento is and the other place the arrow was pointing. All I knew is I was headed to Cubao. So instead of risking getting lost altogether by riding the wrong train, I asked the guys in the information table. 

I admit, I feel like patting myself on the back for making it home in one piece. It was an adventure! Failing to find my way in one go clearly is not my thing. But what matters is I got to where I was supposed to go and mission was accomplished. I got to sign the contract and I'm onto a brand new project I'm happy to be part of. 

Thank you, Lord for leading me through this day. Thank you for another project. Thank  you so much for another avenue to sustain us through this project. You are ever faithful! 


No comments:

Post a Comment