Saturday, January 19, 2013

Happy Birthday, Uncle Gilbert!

After spending our afternoon today with relatives as we celebrated my nephew Dylan's first birthday at Pizza Hut, Robinson's Metro East, we are now at my sister and her husband's place to celebrate Uncle Gilbert's.
My uncle is special. He will turn 51 tomorrow but he insists on being 20 years old. He was diagnosed to be mentally retarded when he was 17. I remember he used to treat me and my sister with chips and goodies when he was riding a tricycle for a living. He got worse around that phase in his life. When fellow tricycle drivers would make fun of him. Now he barely talks and has totally clamed up in his own world. Happy birthday, Uncle! We love you. In heaven, none of these mental challenges will be existent anymore. We will then be able to talk to you and you will finally be able to tell us how you feel and think.
My sister, Rose, cooked this very special spaghetti with meatballs. It was so good, like always. She's the best!
Happy birthday Uncle Gilbert! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment